|–||8:30 am – 7:00 pm|
|WEDNESDAY||–||8:30am – 6:00pm|
|SATURDAY||–||10:30am – 4:00pm|
Quality care with a friendly approachThe Friendly Animal Clinic is a veterinary surgery which treats you and your pet like one of the family.
Based in Sowerby Bridge, West Yorkshire, we take the time to listen to you and offer affordable and practical solutions to your problems.
AppointmentsAll consultations are by appointment only. We offer longer than average appointment times so our clients never feel rushed. We believe it is important to take time to listen so we can understand exactly what the problem is and work out the best way to move forward.
In an emergency please contact the number above for direction and advice.
Welcome to Our Pet CentreThe Friendly Animal Clinic is a veterinary surgery which treats you and your pet like one of the family.
Based in Sowerby Bridge, West Yorkshire, we take the time to listen to you and offer affordable and practical solutions to your problems. Our clients value our personal and thorough approach and we are always on hand to offer honest and realistic advice so you can make an informed choice for the care of your pet.
We will work with you to create a care plan which suits your individual circumstances.
By carrying out most treatments in-house, we ensure continuity of care for your peace of mind. We will liaise with referral centres for more complex matters.
“Pets are humanising. They remind us we have an obligation and responsibility to preserve and nurture and care for all life.
— James Cromwell
Run by husband and wife team Myles and Cheryl Holdsworth, The Friendly Animal Clinic offers a high level of care to pets of all sizes. We understand that your pets are a part of your family so we will give you the support you need to keep them as happy and healthy as possible.
- We carry out a wide range of surgical procedures, including neutering, on weekdays.
- We are always looking to extend our surgical services and offer for example, cruciate repair for dogs by TTA or “wire”
- At the Friendly Animal Clinic, we carry out all the routine vaccinations and health checks your pet needs.
- We also treat rabbits, guinea pigs and other ‘small furries’.
- We may refer you to a specialist but where possible we will give you the help you need in-house.
- Friendly Health Club members receive a discount on annual vaccinations.
- We offer acupuncture, where we feel it is appropriate, alongside conventional treatment.
- We also stock Royal Canin, which is a special prescription pet food for animals with medical conditions.
- We work with our local branch of Cats Protection and RSPCA.
- We understand that pets can fall ill at any time so we offer a 24-hour emergency service.
Meet Our Vets
20 years experience
Myles qualified from the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, Edinburgh University in 1996. He has experience working with animals of all sizes and is interested in small animal surgical techniques. Myles regularly completes surgical training in Germany and the UK to learn new advanced techniques and keep his knowledge up to date.
18 years experience
Cheryl qualified from the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, Edinburgh University in 1998. She has worked in small animal and emergency practices. She is interested in small animal medicine and acupuncture.Cheryl enjoys working with rabbits, guinea pigs and ferrets, working closely with the local RSPCA.
Skilled Veterinary Nurses
skilled veterinary nurses
5 years experience
Myles and Cheryl are also assisted by a team of skilled veterinary nurses who are able to offer advice on diet and oral hygiene. They also run free nurse clinics to help you keep your pet healthy including worming checks and flea checks and puppy parties to help your puppy learn to socialise with other dogs. We also work with John Robinson, a specialist veterinary dentist who sees patients at our practice.
View All →